Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Backspin

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 freestyle at Gilbert.

Before my lesson I did a 5-minute warmup and then skated the Dramatic program.  It was a bit off :-(.   JJ was on the ice and told me to run it again, and I did.  It was much better the second time!

We started off by playing the new cuts I have for my freestyle (I gave JJ a CD with both of them).  JJ seems to like them both but in different ways.

From there we went on to continue working on backspin.  We did the 2-foot spin push-push exercise and then the RFI3-hold-RBO exercise and then on to working the actual spin entrance.  I feel like it is actually coming along, very slowly.  Crossing the legs...eeek!  But I feel like we are continuing to make progress.

Next week's lesson is moved due to a work trip, and then I should be getting my new blades in a week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home