Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Duet Lesson

Melissa and I had our final duet lesson with Lynne today on the Chandler coffee club. 

We had some time to warm up individually, then we did a lap of stroking (I was a bit slow) and then we ran the program with music.  It was good but our timing was just a little off in places.

Then we started our lesson, and ran the program again.  Pretty good!  Lynne was pleased.  We talked through a couple things and made a small change near the end (M's hand position), then we ran it again.  This second runthrough was REALLY GOOD, our best-yet!  We were both pretty pleased with it.  We talked through some things including our schedule.  Unfortunately it looks like Lynne will probably not get to put us on the ice for Autumn Antics after all :-(.

We had time to run it one more time.  Not as good as the previous time (we rushed a bit) but still quite good.  And that was it!

I found my T-Birds jacket at the Halloween store and wore it today; it's a little large on me but is fine and looks pretty good I think.  We just have 3 more practices together before Autumn Antics.  Eeep!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home