Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Choreo, Duet, Practice

I skated the Gilbert coffee club today to work on the choreography for my light program.  I just had 15 minutes with Holly but we ran it 4 times!  Yikes.  It's coming along well. We made one small change, after the half flip she gave me a different "blinded' gesture and I need to keep more to the center on the sway-sway-sway into the waltz jump so that I'm closer to the table.  Basically it makes the timing more doable.

After our time was up Melissa and I ran our duet once with music.  Not too bad but Melissa got a little confused at one point, and I was a little off in my timing in a couple of places.  Still not bad, really.  Melissa gave me some feedback from someone who watched us practice yesterday -- I need to smile more.  Of course that's true -- I need to work on that.  It's a weakness.

After that I took some time to work on walking through my dramatic program.  Yikes. It has been a while!  I didn't get a chance to run it with music but I must, must do that next week.  Still it did come back to me... and I have to say compared with the light program it seems absurdly easy!

For the last couple of minutes or so I worked on my backspin exercises but didn't have much success.  Oh well!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home