Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Backspin Prep, Cross Strokes Prep

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • backspin prep -- JJ had me working on 2-foot spins which were not so great, but improved.  Then we went back and worked some more on the spin exercises he gave me a while back with the alternating forward and backward pushes.  Yikes.
  • cross strokes -- for the last few minutes JJ had me work on an exercise for cross strokes, basically a swizzle and then cross the feet over and hold.    Yikes.  One way is not so bad but the other way is really scary.  I couldn't make myself do them without holding onto the boards :-(  I'm such a chicken these days!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home