Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Backspin Prep

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Private ice!

I told JJ I really wanted to learn something new.  Not that I've perfected everything I'm working on now... lol!  But still, I really want something new.  So... we agreed backspin is a good choice.  It's on the Bronze test and it relates to many of the other things I would want to learn anyway.. so off we went.

We worked on two exercises to prep me for this.  The first one is to do a two-foot spin (from pivot), but keep the spin going by pushing with first the left foot (like a swizzle) and the the right foot, alternating to keep the spin going. I think the idea is both to get me used to having my weight in different places (shifting) and also to get me used to spinning longer :-).


The  second exercise is just to work on the entrance; so it's RFI3 and then holllllld that RBO and try to make it curve as much as possible; hands/arms inside the circle.  At the end cross the free foot over (yikes!).

I need to work on these as much as possible... 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home