Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 20, 2013

FO8, Waltz-8, BI8, 3s


My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- these were horrible in warmup, but much better when we started.  I really need to just practice more so that I can be more consistent on always having a good body position.  I'm working on using my core more when I push so that I can push harder and feel secure.
  • waltz-8 -- I'm doing a better job on bending my knee on the FO coming back to center; and maybe slightly better (at least on some of them) on the step forward.  I tried to remember the stuff Sonya and I worked on on Wednesday.  It's tough because I am getting too far ahead of myself. I am trying to remind myself to just take it one step at a time -- when I do that it can be much better.
  • BI8 -- ugh.  I practiced these a while back but they are still kinda rusty.  RBI was bad but improved, but the LBI... I'm really having a hard time controlling the swing after I pass my arms around.  Yuck.
  • 3s to center -- maybe a little better.  The exit is still not happening though.
All in all not too bad.
 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home