Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Spin Entrance, Salchow

I had my lesson with JJ on the 8:15 freestyle at Gilbert.  Nice ice and just ourselves!!  Woohoo!

Before my lesson I showed JJ the fabric samples Marlina had given me for the free skate costume.  I'm not sure I explained very well what we are after.  She was going to send me a sketch but hasn't yet.

Today's lesson:
  • spin entrance -- we spent some time working on the spin entrance Lynne wants for the duet (see yesterday's entry).  After some work it's starting to come along.   The hard part is that I really need to step onto a good LFO and let it come around before I let it hook, otherwise I just travel and don't spin.  Urp.
  • salchow -- I swear, my problem with this isn't anything I need to be taught, it's just making me do it right.  In this case it's all about sitting on the LBI edge long enough after the 3 and checking the 3 so I have some control.  I did manage a couple of good ones.  Urgh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home