Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Duet Lesson

Melissa and I had our duet lesson for the week on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  I had about a 15 minute warmup, then M and I practiced for about 15 minutes.  Then it was time to start our lesson.

We ran through the program from the beginning to start.  I biffed my salchow (I think Melissa had an issue also), but more vexing to me was that I fell again the first time I tried to get up.  Fortunately (miraculously?) I managed to get up and continue and we were only slightly behind.

After that we continued our choreography.  Melissa has been keeping track of it for us, but basically we added on mirrored waltz jumps followed by some more "acting" stuff.  We are probably over the 2 minute mark in our choreography, which is pretty cool.  I know we are ending with a spin, but that's about all I know.

We are continuing to improve and having a blast, so what else could you ask for?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home