Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Last Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.

Lynne had asked me on Monday to bring my scribe, so after I warmed up with edges I scribed some circles.  I continued warming up with FO8, FI8 and BO8 (not on the scribed circles).

For today's lesson, Lynne had me start on the scribed circles and then move to do a fresh layout, for each figure:
  • FO8 -- actually, really good.  I was really pleased.  I had a few moments with the upper body (trying to keep that shoulder back and down) but I made it around and the tracing wasn't bad and the circles were a good size.
  • FI8 -- I actually had an issue on the 3rd LFI on the scribed circle... not sure what that was about.  After that they were pretty good though.  I need to not get complacent about them, though, and prep each side.  Also still need to push a little harder onto the RFI.
  • BO8 -- UGH!  Even the RBO, which has been really reliable for me, was a bit off today.  I kept coming in to the right of center.  I actually made some progress on fixing the LBO but wow, it's still really rough.  I did make it around but 2 of 3 were quite cut in on the last side.  Need to 1) keep the free foot in front for 1/3 (at least) to stabilize the edge, 2) stand up straight, and 3) get a better push on the LBO so I have better flow.   Oh, and I also realized that if I bring my R hand in closer to my body on the first part of the circle I have more control over it (and the L hand) later after I rotate.
So... not perfect.  Not by a long shot.  Oh well!  Sunday morning at 7:30 is the competition.  Kelli is going to put me on the ice (thank goodness!).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home