Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Comp. Prep

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  Nice ice and only 3 skaters!


I warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- not too bad.  I traced much better than I have in the past.  I still need to work on being consistent -- in particular I think I really need to "re-set" myself when I return to center, and remind myself of what I need to do (hold shoulder back, bend and push) and not be so much on autopilot.  I still need to watch the LFO in particular as I was still cutting the second half of the circle in a bit.
  • FI8 -- pretty good!
  • BO8 -- eep.  Actually my return to center wasn't bad for the most part, but the L foot is very weak and I really need to work on control, esp. the 2nd half of the circle. 
  • serpentines -- finished up with these.  I actually got all the way around on the first complete circle, on each foot!  But my change of edge (FOI) was horrid.  It's just not clean.  
Competition is 2 weeks from Saturday!  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home