Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Roman Holiday....

... in Oregon, lol.  I had a lesson with Kelli at 6:30 a.m. at WSC.  I got on the ice at 6:15 and stayed 'til 7:15 so I straddled two FS sessions (6 - 6:45 and 6:45 - 7:30).  The ice was really, really nice, and just me, Kelli, Sierra and Nakira. 

Today's lesson:
  • stroking & edges -- of course.  Kelli said my stroking was nice but on the FXOs I was not holding the crossed position long and the underpush was lacking (duh!).  Edges were relatively okay though I need to stand up a little straighter, and she'd rather I brought my leg through more promptly.
  • FO8 -- hadn't done these in FS blades much.  My push is lacking and I'm still working on standing up straight and keeping control of the shoulders and upper body.
  • power-3s -- hmm.  Actually the 3s were not that bad.  Kelli was not so happy with my back lobe, though, esp. since my BXOs didn't really have any "cross" in them at all.  I was just happy to do the 3s.
After my lesson I worked on perimeter stroking and did some spins, including a really nice 3-rev one.  That was a pleasant surprise.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home