Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Test, BO8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Only 3 skaters so it was a good environment.

Before Lynne came on the ice I ran through my edges, then scribed some circles and worked on FO8.

Today's lesson:
  • FI8 -- not bad, actually.  I'm still working on filling out my circles better ( a little rough) and settling the upper body a bit.
  • waltz-8 -- we are back to working on this a lot.  Grr.  My 3s are really not so hot.  The RFO3 is very forced, in particular, and my old problems with the step forward haven't changed.  I'm not sure what I need to do to fix these, really, other than practice, but I feel like I practice and practice and things don't get fixed.
  • BO8 -- ugh.  These used to be pretty nice, but not right now.  They are improving though.
  • serpentine -- just a couple of minutes on these... allllmost made it around on the R foot to the change of foot.  Not so great on the L foot, my push is lacking and I'm back to losing too much on the change of edge.
After my lesson I just had a couple of minutes so I worked on 3s to center.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home