Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Knee Update & Announcing

My knee is slooooowly improving.  Like, really slowly.  But I do see definite signs of improvement.

It looks like I will probably have to sit out Cactus though.  The registration deadline is 6/3.  While I *ought* to be back on the ice before then, 3 months off the ice is not going to leave me in a very competitive state so... it seems like best would be to skip Cactus and just prep for the Sherwood competition a month later.  I need a new free skate anyway.

I am off to Oregon tomorrow for work, with a side trip/vacation up to Seattle to volunteeer (announcing and/or music) for Ice Fest.  I'm also going to be announcing for the Desert Breeze competition in June at Chandler, and probably for Cactus although I've not received any confirmation on that yet.  I was also asked to announce for a competition in June in Portland (Lloyd Center) which could have been way cool but it's the same weekend as Desert Breeze.  Nice that they thought of me though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home