Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:
  • PCAS debrief -- we took some time to discuss my PCAS skate and how it went, and future plans.
  • backspin -- we spent a fair amount of time doing some wall exercises to prep the backspin.  Ugh!  This seems really scary to me... grrr.  Basically, just holding the feet crossed and finding the rocker; this is really hard for me.  Also he suggested some stretches (FXO position, basically) that will help.
  • sitspin -- just a couple of minutes looking at this; JJ said that I need to feel the glute engage to get a good sitspin, not just the quads.  Hmm.  
I think I really will need to up my off-ice training to accomplish this stuff.  I've known that for a while but it it's reinforcing that.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger George A said...

    Gordon: Take a look at the two posts on my blog around March the 8th for some good stretching tips:

    http://agingskater.blogspot.com/

    Congrats on your latest competition results!

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Thanks!

     
  • At 5:55 PM , Blogger George A said...

    Hey Gordon: Your 10th skaterverisary is coming up soon. You've gotta dish on how you plan to spend it. Inquiring minds wanna know...

    PS: ditch the annoying capcha. I really doubt if you'll get all that much spam. I don't all that much on either of my blogs without it. Capcha drives bloggers with eyesight of a certain age nuts!

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Haven't decided about the anniversary.

    Capcha is a blogger default, I'm not entirely sure how to turn it off. I actually do occasionally get spam even with the capcha.

     
  • At 2:07 PM , Blogger George A said...

    Gordon: Read this post about capcha:

    http://opencontainer2.blogspot.com/2012/03/spamphobia.html

    If you decide to turn off that function, the instructions on how to do so are in a link within the article. Like most defaults, this one can be defeated. I find that my blogs get more comments with out capcha and the offensive ones (very small number) are easily deleted.

     
  • At 12:32 PM , Blogger Gordon said...

    Okay I turned off the capcha.

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger George A said...

    Thanks! No more eye strain!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home