Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 01, 2013

Back-3s

I skated the 8:15 FS at Chandler for my back-3 lesson with Lynne (postponed from Monday).  Had a quick warmup, then we started our lesson.

The usual drill -- 2 foot turns on the circle, BO3s at the boards, back out to the circle.  RBO3 is about the same; I don't feel like I'm really making any progress here.  I can turn but I don't get any flow out.  I have a hard time reminding myself to turn my darn head!  And I have to engage my core otherwise I break at the waist.

LBO3s, maybe some slight progress.  I actually was able to at least start the turn all by myself, sometimes.  Then I had Lynne hold my hand and that's much better, still.  Still, not too consistent and not really turning yet.  Grrr.

After our lesson I had about a half hour so I worked on my toe loop (mostly).  Not much different than yesterday.  Ran each program once and that was just so-so, but at least I remembered all of the dramatic and didn't blank out in the middle.  I didn't get the toe loop off.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home