Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Waltz-8, BO8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  I warmed up with edges, scribed my circles, and did FO8 and FI8 before Lynne came on the ice.  I had to borrow Donna's scribe as I left mine at home.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- Argh.  Actually we did make some progress.  My 3s were kinda crappy so I reminded myself to lean into the edge more before the turn (press down on my pinky toe) and that helped a lot.  We did fix some issues with the BO edge but the step forward continues to stink.
  • BO8 -- still working on fixing my posture etc.  We made some progress but while I'm keeping the free leg/foot close it's not really tucked in like I think it needs to be.  Hmm.
  • serpentines -- Ugh.  Not too great.  I'm really not getting a big enough push, and I really need to strengthen my core when I go through the change of edge so I don't get forward on my blade.  Hmmph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home