Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Program, Waltz-Toe

I had a second lesson with JJ this week at Gilbert this morning on the 8:15 FS.  Sectionals is two weeks away and I'm starting to get a bit freaked out.

For most of today's lesson we worked on the dramatic program; we ran it, critiqued it a bit and then ran it again.  We touched up a couple things, like the slaloms in the first part.  In general it was a lot better than Wednesday; the last time I finished on time, even.  I think at this point the main thing for me to remember is to push harder/faster, and to sell it more -- no relaxing!  Think about each part of the program and what it means and project that.

For the last 8-10 minutes we worked on the waltz-toe combo from the free skate.  Eeep.  I did a couple that were okay, but I had to really slow down in order to make that happen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home