Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Toe Loop

I am in Oregon for work and had a lesson with Sonya on the 5 p.m. FS at WSC.  I got to see my homegirls Karly and Sierra, which was awesome (had not seen Karly in quite a while).

We spent our whole lesson (at my request) working on the toe loop.  Sonya had me do some exercises at the boards, then we worked on RBO pivot.  Wow!  I stink at these but it's good practice and I did make some good progress; it really made me get the upper body turned and knees bent more.  I still need to work on getting more weight on the L foot though!

After that we spent a bunch of time working on stepping through the toe loop.  Sonya emphasized that after I jump (or step, lol) off the toe pick I have to get the "snap" of the hips to get backward.  We made some really good progress on this (eventually) and I did manage to do a couple that were technically correct though there wasn't any "jump" in them.  Still, this is good progress and I was really happy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home