Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waltz-8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We were on the South Pole ice today and the ice was a little bumpy.  Warmed up with edges, scribed my circles, and did FO8 and FI8 as Lynne came on the ice.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- as usual we spent a fair amount of time on these.  Ugh.  Same old problems.  I took some video (I'll try to post it later) to study.  Grr.  I am very frustrated on these.  I need to fix them, they are on the test!
  • BO8 -- ha!  Not so great.  We decided that I really need to fix my body position on the RBO to be more correct (free leg close, stand straight up).  Grrr.  It is so hard!  We did finally make some progress but it was really difficult.  Once I fixed the free leg I had a heck of a time trying to stop the upper body from rotating.  Eeep.  
After my lesson I worked a little on serpentines, esp. the FIO change.  I managed a good LFIO for once, so that made me happy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home