Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Perseverance

I skated Chandler coffee club again today for freestyle.  Worked on moves for about 20 minutes, then more time on toe loop and salchow.  I ran the free skate without music, with the new beginning.  I think that is the first time I've run it since August!  It was okay.  I'm curious if I would be behind or ahead, since I think the pivot takes more time than the spin did.

I was talking with Ken (adult skater & coach) after I finished my runthrough and he made a good point.  He said (paraphrased), "The minute you take the focus off of you and put it on something else is the minute you become interesting."  We also talked about projecting confidence.  I really feel like I need to work harder at this, though I also think I've made some definite strides in the last year.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home