Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 07, 2013

Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club today for freestyle practice.  Spent a bunch of time on toe loop entry, then spent some time working out how to change the begin of my free skate from a spin to a pivot (new rules are only 2 spins for APB free skates, and I had 3).  That took a while to figure out but it's okay (I'm using a back pivot).

Finally, I spent some time working on the salchow in the context of the program.  Ugh.  For some reason it's really difficult for me to do the jump in that context.  I am on an RFI edge and I push to an LFO and do the job, but I just don't feel like I'm in a good position for some reason.  I'm not sure what it is; I know I am going a bit faster than I'm used to but I don't think that's it.  It feels like I'm not on a good edge.  I probably need to be patient and get a better edge set up and then jump... but that would require me to be patient and that's not one of my strengths, lol!  Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home