Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Back-3s

My back-3 lesson with Lynne on the 7 a.m. (yikes) FS at Chandler.  I had postponed this from Monday as I wasn't feeling well that day.

The usual routine, warmed up, then we started our lesson with front & back 2-foot turns followed by BO3s on the wall, then back out to the big circle.  RBO3s were not flowing quite as well as last time but they were almost as good.  I certainly am a lot more comfortable with them, but I have to watch not to be too sloppy.  I noticed I'm tending to not turn my head and some other issues that make them harder.  I really want to build good habits here.

On the LBO3s we still weren't getting anywhere so I asked Lynne to hold my hand during the turn.  I normally don't like to do this but it seemed like the only way to get past this block I'm facing.  It did help a lot.  I didn't manage to actually do any turns but I was at least able to get my weight back further and *try* to initiate the turn.  So that's progress.

After my lesson I had about a half hour, so I worked mostly on moves.  Nothing big.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home