Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Back-3s

My back-3 lesson with Lynne on the 8:15 FS at Chandler.  Warmup, then we started as usual with forward and back 2-foot turns on the circle, then BO3s at the boards, then back out to the circle.

The RBO3 is coming along nicely.  I'm finally getting some flow out of the turn (just a little bit) before I wind up putting my foot down.  We spent a lot of time on the LBO3 but I still can't even initiate the turn.  I really don't know what to do to get past this at this point :-(.

I think on our next lesson we will start working on the BI3.  Yay!

After my lesson I had about 25 minutes, so I worked on moves a bunch and also just worked on BXOs since they are still quite scrapy in the CCW direction.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home