Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Waltz-8, BO8, Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I got on the ice a little early and warmed up with edges, FO8, FI8, drew my circles and worked on waltz-8.  I drew my circles over my FI8 trace.  LFI was pretty good, RFI my circle was a little small.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- in the salt mines as usual.  I'm working on standing up straighter on the BO edge and it does seem to be helping; and trying to be more mindful of my position when I step forward.  I did a couple that were really nice; I seemed to relax (always hard for me).
  • BO8 -- still working on keeping the free foot close on the RBO.  We made some good progress on this.  Working to really stay checked, and to hold the free foot in front much, much longer (1/3 or more of the circle).  Made some good progress.  Yay!
  • Serpentines -- these are finally coming along!  I actually made it around a complete (more or less) serpentine (don't remember which side, think it was LFOI -> RFIO).  Very exciting!  Keys seem to be to really push harder and to really bring the free foot in quickly; and to really sit back on the edge and let it flow.  The FIO change of edge is really rough since I've not worked on it much; gotta spend some quality time on it.  I'm really pleased.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home