Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Serpentines, 3s, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  I warmed up with edges, FO8, FI8, and waltz-8, then drew my circles and did some more waltz-8.  When Lynne came on the ice I told her I *really* didn't want to do any more waltz-8 today :-).

Today's lesson:
  • serpentines -- I was concerned that these would not be as good as they had been on Monday... but they were!  I was getting a full circle and a half on each foot!  I was really happy.  Not sure what the difference was other than a little better flow and a bit better push.  Now I really need to work on the FIO change of edge as it's pretty tough for me.
  • 3s to center -- my 3s are not so great.   Too forced and I take too long to get the down-up-down.  They did get a little better though.  Still trying to get better control of the BI edge on the exit; I need to stand up straighter and hold the check.
  • BO8 -- we are working on making me keep my free leg close so the judges won't roll their eyes :-) on the RBO.  Made some good progress, especially with keeping the free foot in front much longer.  Still having a bit of trouble on the last half of the circle, I'm tending to curve in too quickly.  We didn't really touch the LBO at all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home