Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mohawks

I skated the 7 a.m. FS at WSC today for a lesson with Sonya.  We spent our whole lesson working on FI mohawks, mostly the RFI.

Sonya had me work to just hold the FI edge and bring the free leg to the instep with the foot turned out, then rotate the upper body.  I find this very hard (which is why my mohawks are so bad)!  The worst part is I think that I just have a hard time making my upper body really rotate -- I see this in a lot of places.   The other part is that I'm tending to bring the free foot in but the foot isn't turned out even 90 degrees.  Sonya had me skate a lobe on two feet, rotating the upper body and then picking up the L foot (in this case) and stepping onto it.  Eeep.

We looked a little at the LFI at the end and much the same stuff applies. 

A little progress, perhaps, but mostly I'm more aware of what I need to do and how badly I need to do it.  Yuck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home