Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spins & Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert....

Today's lesson:
  • waltz jump -- still working on improving my form on this jump.  We worked on holding the FO edge a little longer to allow time to bring the arms back, then forward for the actual jump.  Not too bad.
  • salchow -- mmph.  We worked on holding the LBI longer and holding that free leg back before bringing it through (knee up!).  As I told JJ, I know Anna told me to do this, like 8 years ago... geez.  Anyway clearly I need to work on being more comfortable and solid in that position so that I can have a solid foundation from which to jump.  Some progress, I think.
  • spins -- not much progress here.  JJ video'd me.. yikes.  I really need to keep my head up, it sends me onto my toe too much.  My position is not nearly as impressive as it feels!  Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home