Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Waltz-8 And 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Warmed up with edges as usual, then Lynne came on the ice and I drew my circles.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- a little wonky first time each side, but okay.
  • FI8 -- decent.
  • waltz-8 -- working much the same issues as before.  I think I am making some progress at least in that I'm stepping onto a better FO edge at the end.  Still stepping out too much on the step forward though.
  • 3s to center -- ugh.  We worked on doing better 3s -- they need to be quicker and I need to roll up to the toe more.  I did improve them a bit.  Still not checking well so the BI edge is curving in rapidly.  Grrr.
I talked with Lynne about my L blade.  I've been thinking for a while that perhaps I need to have it adjusted since I've always had such a hard time getting on the LFO.  On the other hand the LBO is really nice.  We decided I should talk with Dave about it when I get them sharpened, which will probably be next week.

After my lesson I worked on BO8, some more waltz-8 and more 3s to center.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home