Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Power-3s, Spins

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert this morning.. when JJ came on the ice he was on the phone with Sonya, he handed the phone over so I could say "Hi".  I love that they are friends and can work together for my benefit!

Today's lesson:
  • power-3s -- we worked on the R side of these (continuation of my lesson with Sonya on Wednesday!).  The back lobe is a lot better and I'm doing somewhat better on the actual RFO3... I did 4 lobes down the ice.  The biggest problem remaining now seems to be that I'm square after the BXO still, so it's really hard to step forward and when I do I'm on an FI not FO edge.  Grrr.  JJ says I need to think about opening my shoulders.
  • spins -- we spent about 10 minutes on these.  I did one of my best-ever spins and for once JJ was there!  He was pleased.  I really got over my L side and found the sweet spot and managed to just stay with it for a while.  I did another one after that that was almost as good.  Then they got not so good :-(.  A bit frustrating; my concentration seems to fall off, or I over think things.  Grrr.
  • 5-step mohawk -- just a couple of minutes on these.  The good news is the lobes are a good size and I'm having okay flow.  The bad news is that the criteria for this move, if I remember correctly, are edge quality and extension.. and of course my mohawk and BO edge are still weak.  Grrr.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home