Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 08, 2012

Back-3s

My back-3 lesson with Lynne on the 7:45 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Since Regionals is in town (Peoria) this coming weekend, apparently the rink decided to make the 8:30 - 9:15 a.m. FS a "high" FS, which I'm not eligible for.  I was kind of surprised since they've never done "leveled" FS sessions at Chandler that I know of.  Anyway the result was we had to move to 8:10 from 8:30, and I only skated for 45 minutes instead of an hour.

Same drill as usual -- forward and back two-foot turns on the circle, then BO3s on the wall, then back to the circle.  The RBO3 is really improving!  I got a couple that had at least a little bit of flow out of them, and I'm doing a somewhat better job of leaning into the circle/edge more.  The LBO3... maybe the teeeeensiest amount of progress in that I'm getting my weight slightly further back... but it's still not happening.  It's going to be a long road with those I expect.  I really need to work on those more, like, a lot more.

In other news I am signed up to do announcing for official practice ice for Regionals Saturday and Sunday night.  I took both shifts each night since they were still open... it's going to be a lonnnng night.  Fun though!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home