Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

NWP Regionals

I just got back from Northwest Pacific Regionals in lovely Eugene, OR.  I had a great time!

Unlike my trip last year, I decided to volunteer (I had some "encouragement" lol! from Lauren Zell and Celia Chan).  When I saw Lauren at the Sherwood competition I mentioned that I was going to NWP Regionals and she asked me if was going to volunteer.... I told her I'd love to announce.  To make a long story short(er) I wound up doing quite a bit of announcing for the non-qualifying portions of the competition.

I love announcing!  It's great to have such a great view of the competition, and to feel like you are making a difference.  I had a number of very nice compliments on my performance, and several folks (judges/referees/organizers) told me I really should seek an appointment as an "official" announcer from US Figure Skating.  So I guess I will do that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home