Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club for patch practice... I was running late so I only got 45 minutes in.  Since I was short on time I didn't bring the scribe with me.

Warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual.  Waltz-8 was really bad, or maybe I'm just setting my expectations higher.  I was really, really frustrated.  Spent a lot of time working on the waltz-8 and I'm just feeling very frustrated with that whole BO-edge/step forward thing, it just stinks so badly.

I spent the last 10 minutes or so working on 3s.  I'm concluding (probably not for the first time) that when they stink it's largely because I'm going into them flat and forcing them around.  So it's as much an edge problem as everything else.  Which made me frustrated that I've been working seriously on figures for coming up on 3 years and I still have these issues!  Grrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home