Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Scribin' It

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club; we had to reschedule to today due to my work travel.  We had terrific ice!  Now that the North Pole has been rebuilt it is really terrific.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual; Lynne came on the ice when I had finished the FO8 and FI8 and had gotten my newly-fixed up scribe out. 

I laid out (with a little help from Lynne) a pair of circles for the lesson, and we started with waltz-8.  I'll try to post a pic sometime soon of my scribe setup now.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- we worked these for most of the lesson, on the scribed circles.  Ugh. The scribe really does help a lot.  On the positive side the 3s are not bad and I'm doing a better job of holding the BO edge; and even the step-forward is improving although it's still quite weak.
  • BO8 -- I did some that were relatively okay, and then they went downhill from there :-(.  I'm trying to fix my position on the RBO so that the free leg is close, not extended (I don't do that on the LBO!) and that kind of threw me for a loop.  Bleah.
Much to practice here in the days and weeks to come.  After my lesson I had a few minutes so I worked on 3s to center and serpentines.. ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home