Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back-3s

I had my back-3 lesson for the week today (not Friday, as usual, due to a scheduling issue) on the Chandler coffee club.  Nice ice and only 4 of  us skating.

I had a lot of time to warm up since Lynne had another lesson before mine, so I worked on my back-3 warmup stuff (two-foot turns forward and back, and some work on the wall).  I also worked on some Bronze moves and did some good spins.

We started off by more two-foot turns forward and back on the hockey circle, then some BO3s on the wall.  Then we worked on RBO3s for a while... these are improving!  I'm doing a better job of leaning into the circle, not forward, and getting my weight back.  We worked on these for a while, then switched to LBO3... ugh.  While I'm doing a little better (my toes aren't clenching the bottom of the boot so much) it's just not happening yet.  Lynne suggested maybe alternating between the back two-foot turn and the LBO3.  I'll give it a try.

All in all I think we are making some progress.  Now that I'm done competing for a bit I really need to spend a little time on these every time I skate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home