Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Final Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We were on the South Pole rink today for some reason.  It was not as foggy as it's been this week and the ice was pretty nice.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual; Lynne came on the ice just after I finished the FO8.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- Lynne was really pleased with the tracings from the FO8 and said I did a good job.
  • FI8 -- good, although my RFI was a little wonky (body position).
  • waltz-8 -- I really, really will need to start working this with my scribe.  The R side is totally shifted right now.  The L side is better though the exit from the 3 is not good.
  • BO8 -- these were.. mostly okay.  As we went on my ability to find my center got worse :-(.  Key difficulty is that I am still tending to think I've skated past it when I've actually not yet reached the center.  Grr.
  • BI8 -- the bulk of our lesson time was for these.  They did improve... but they are still quite weak and I don't think they'll be at all good Saturday :-( oh well.  Mostly my L side push is quite weak and my circles are quite small.
After my lesson I had another 15 minutes which I spent obsessively practicing BI8.  It did help a bit.

The figures part of the Sherwood Invitational will be Saturday morning at 11:15 I believe.  There will be 20 minutes of figures practice ice beforehand.  Yow...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home