Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Competition Prep

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  It was a pretty quiet session, 7 skaters and a mellow vibe.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual - a little rough since I hadn't skated since last Friday due to jury duty and illness.  Lynne came on the ice just as I finished the warmup.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- I was a little frustrated with my waltz-8 on the warmup so we worked it a little bit.  Same problem points.  I really think other than the step forward, my biggest issue is a lack of concentration.  I know what to do and am able to do it, but my execution is just not always there.  Grrr.
  • FO8 -- not bad.  So long as I concentrate (see above, lol!) they are okay.  I was working harder on tracing with some good results.  I think these will be okay so long as I don't get complacent.
  • BO8 -- the good news is that my flow on these is pretty good!  The bad news is that I'm still struggling somewhat to come back to center reliably.  We did a number of layouts of these and I was just doing a crap job of spotting my mark.  Grrr.
  • BI8 -- not so good.  Doing an okay job of keeping my center in view but pushes were inconsistent and not usually very good :-(.  I really need to spend a lot of time on these between now and the competition.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home