Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 06, 2012

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler coffee club for patch practice today... it was pretty quiet.  I only got in 45 minutes due to a work meeting.

Warmed up with the Preliminary test, as usual.... and managed to fall doing FO edges!  What the heck? I was laughing for like 5 minutes, it was so stupid.    The rest was okay.

Spent all my time on BO8 and BI8.  BO8... still having issues finding my center as I'm coming back.  It did improve though.  BI8.. similar issues.  I am doing a much better job of starting with a good BI edge though... and for some reason that I don't understand, it finally hit home to me on these that I can really just watch my center for the whole circle, which (gee!) makes it a lot easier to come back correctly.  So ... improvement.  Push to the LBI is a bit better too.

I took off the rest of last week to rest my toe.  It seems a bit better.  Still a bit painful to get the boot on, and for the first 5-10 minutes, but after that mostly okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home