Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

B8s

I skated the Chandler coffee club for my figures lesson with Lynne as usual.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual.  Lynne came on the ice as I was finishing the FI8.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- meh.   I'm doing a better job of bending my knee for the FO edge to return to center, but I was still not holding the BO edge long enough/shifting my center.  Grrr.
  • BO8 -- not too bad.  I'm getting really good flow.  We did about 3 or 4 layouts.  Main issue is to be really concentrate so as to hold the free foot in front after the push, and to really be vigilant about spotting the mark to return to center. 
  • BI8 -- eeep!  The first layout I did was pretty sad.  The second was much better but still quite rough considering I'm competing these 3 weeks from Saturday!! On the positive side my initial push and edge are quite improved.  On the negative side... my push to the LBI is very weak and so I'm always struggling to maintain that edge.  We worked it a bunch and it improved a bit.  I'm going to have to really focus on this until the competition.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home