Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 06, 2012

Back-3s

I skated the Chandler coffee club (just 45 minutes) for my back-3 lesson with Lynne.  I did a 4-minute warmup and then skated my dramatic program -- it went okay except that I biffed the Salchow :-(.  Oh well.

Same drill as usual -- two-foot turns forward and back on the circle, then work against the boards, then out to the circle again.  I'm making progress on the RBO3; right now I'm on the turn-and-stop phase.  That is, I'm turning but there's no flow after the turn so I stop.  Still it's improving I think.  We spent some time on the LBO3 but not much to show for it.  I will need to spend more time just working on the LBO I think so that I can feel really comfortable on the back edge w/free foot in front; I need to be able to get my weight off the ball of my foot!

All in all a good lesson.  Due to travel, competition, etc., we won't get to work on these again for a month or so.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home