Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Waltz-8, 3s, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We rescheduled this from Tuesday since there was no ice, and then I was traveling for work.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual; Lynne came on the ice as I was starting the FO8.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- meh.  I hadn't skated patch for over a week so it was a bit sketchy at times, I had trouble getting over my edge.  Yuck.
  • FI8 -- I actually lost my balance on the first RFI and had to start over!  Geez.  After that it was okay.
  • waltz-8 -- after I did my layout we spent some more time just on the L side, to hold the BO edge longer and stand up straighter.  Some improvement.
  • 3s to center -- we worked on getting me to lean into the edge more, esp. right before the turn so I don't skid.  Some small improvement.
  • BI8 -- these are improving still, but I'm still having issues with a weak push on the L foot.  I really need to bend into it more and not be afraid to push against the edge.
After my lesson I worked a bit on BO8s

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home