Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tweaking

I am in Oregon, and skated the 6:45 a.m. FS at WSC for a lesson with Sonya.  It was a busy session (I think 12 - 15 skaters and maybe 5 coaches) but productive.  It was really nice to see my skate buddies Karly and Regina on the ic e:-).

Today's lesson:
  • toe loop -- I'm really worried about this, if you can't tell.  Sonya and I worked on this for a while, some things similar to what JJ has done and some things a bit different.  She worked on making me get my upper body to follow my R foot around (I'm blocking myself).  I really feel like I'm close to getting this correct but I'm letting fear keep me from getting it.  Grrr.
  • dramatic program -- I ran the dramatic program for her and we worked on finessing/tweaking some of it.  Arms in the two pivots need to be sharper, no bent elbows!  Push more into the swizzles for speed and really move those arms!  Sharper arms on the "4" position glide.  Some other small things.  She said that it looks good, I just need to sharpen it up.  I actually was relatively pleased with the runthrough... I think I most need to practice the RFO3s and the last part (from the half flip).
All in all a good skate and good work with Sonya, as always.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home