Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Progress!

I skated the Chandler coffee club today (just for 35 minutes or so due to a work meeting) for my back-3 lesson with Lynne.

Same format as usual -- 2-foot turns on the circle, warmup on the boards, out again to the circle.  I actually managed some RBO3s!  I'm not getting any real flow through the turn (I need to let my weight settle better/sooner after the turn) but I am turning.  YAY!  Much better than last week.

We also worked on LBO3... I can't convince my toes to unclench their death grip on the bottom of my boots :-(.  This might take a while.  Grrr.  Still I'm really pleased with my progress today.

After my lesson I had just enough time to run my artistic program.  It went pretty well!  The RFO3s still need to be cleaner, and the end is still a little weak.  But I'm feeling much better about it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home