Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Toe Loop, Program

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS (we started at 8).

Today's lesson:
  • toe loop -- we spent quite a bit of time on this.  JJ really wants me to get comfortable with bringing the R leg around and not worry so much about the actual jump.  I'm freaking out because Cactus is like 5 weeks away.  Oh well.
  • program -- having spent a good chunk of time on the toe loop, we went to do a free skate runthrough.  It was going reasonably well (salchow came off pretty nicely actually), but on the waltz-toe I didn't properly engage my toe pick for the toe loop and had a nasty backward fall. Grrr!  I hate those.  Whacked the R side of my lower back, my L elbow, L palm and R wrist.  Got up and went to try to finish but I was pretty much out of time (the waltz-toe is not that far from the end).  It took me a couple of minutes to get myself together :-(, then worked some more on the waltz-toe.  I am really hating this right now.  JJ says that I never really got in a good position for the toe loop and that's why I fell.  Oh well.
Ordinarily I would have stayed to the end of the session but between the fall and  needing to get to work a little early to get some stuff done, I left 15 minutes early.  Oh well.  I'm fine now, took some ibuprofen after I got home.  Stretched out a bit.  I'll be sore tomorrow I expect.

I'm still concerned about Cactus.  I was contacted over the weekend as to whether it would be okay for them to combine my free skate with the ladies (skate buddy Melissa!) since we were the only PB free skate entrants.  I said yes and so did Melissa.

I asked JJ for an extra lesson next week since I feel like I really need a bit more time.  We will do Monday and Wednesday next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home