Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Choreo Cardio

I skated the Gilbert coffee club to work on choreo with Holly... fresh ice and only 5 skaters, so good.  Unfortunately for the other skaters I rather monopolized the ice once Holly arrived and we started working.

We made some tweaks to the program -- we removed the barrel rolls->swizzle section and replaced it with two swizzles followed by two RFO3s, then step forward into the lunch as before.  This was an accommodation since I couldn't bring myself to do the barrel rolls at the speed I need to have coming out of the spiral.  We may revert it back after Cactus :-) -- along with the bunny hops, which are out for now.

Wow!  It was a real workout today.  We must have run the whole program 5 times along with a bunch of individual chunks of it and other stuff, all in 45 minutes.  I was wiped out afterward... clearly I need to do more cardio!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home