Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Choreo!

I skated the Chandler coffee club today to work with Holly on the choreography for my artistic dramatic.  We had a great time!  We worked together most of the session (about 50 minutes) and it was tiring... but I'm really really happy with the choreography, it's really terrific.  It also pushes me a lot... but I expected that :-).  Holly says I'm really going to have to push to skate faster and I know she's right.  Since I'm getting told the same thing by JJ... I guess I will just have to!

Here's my transcription (such as it is) of the program as it stands now... hopefully I can get everything in!

  • Opening pose -- center ice, facing judges, lean to right, arms crossed.
  • RF pivot
  • RB pivot
  • 2 swizzles w/arms
  • stroke forward w/arms
  • skate-skate
  • RFO "4" w/ arms - L, R, L
  • LFI mohawk
  • BXO
  • brush back
  • waltz jump
  • step forward, stroke w/arms
  • 4 slaloms w/arms
  • spiral
  • 2 barrel rolls (RFI mohawk/cross/step fwd)
  • 2 swizzles
  • 2 bunnyhops
  • lunge
  • RFI mohawk
  • 1-ft spin
  • brush out, step fwd
  • 2 FXOs
  • RFI mohawk
  • 2 BXOs
  • step forward
  • Salchow
  • step forward
  • hockey glide/arm push (R, then L)
  • half flip
  • glide/curve to the R, tight
  • snap spin
  • brush out
  • back lazy slalom x2
  • back pivot?
  • final pose -- bend to the ice, stand up arms raised, arms to side

I am slightly unsure on the last couple of points as I video'd Holly doing it but then I'm pretty sure we changed the end.    All that in 1:37!  Yow...  covers the ice a lot and it's going to take a lot of work but it will be fun!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home