Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waltz-8, BI8, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual; Lynne came on the ice just after I finished.

  • waltz-8 -- I showed Lynne the tracings from my test runthrough.  We did a couple more layouts of the waltz-8, still working on the BO edge and step forward.  I am tending to be up on my toe on the RBO as soon as I step to it, which is why it's so hard to step forward.  Grr.  We worked on this a bit with some improvement.
  • BI8 -- we worked these on the line.  They are improving.  After a few I really made myself step the R foot out for the initial push -- and got it much further out, almost far enough to make a "real" size circle!  I was pretty happy with that.  I did it again on the next time I started.  I just half to really make myself step (almost jump, it feels like!) over/out farther.  I was pretty happy with these.
  • 3s to center -- about the same.  The entrance edge is better and I'm making the turn relatively quickly, but I'm still skidding in the turn because I don't bring my weight back down quickly.  Grrr.

We discussed the upcoming competition (there will be figures included in the Sherwood Invitational in late August).  BI8 would seem to be a stretch goal; definitely BO8.  Serpentines and 3s to center won't be anywhere near ready at this point.  We might include FO8 if it's not too expensive just to have more experience in skating them nervous.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home