Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Patch Perseverance

I skated Chandler coffee club for patch practice today.  Had a good skate.. warmed up with the Preliminary test as usual, then BO8, BI8, serpentines, 3s to center and a little time on waltz-8 again.

While working on serpentines I spent some time working on skating a smaller edge and just working the transition.   Transitions were better, which confirms to me that for whatever reason my edge quality is not good on the serpentine when I want to change edge.   Grrr.

Doing some thinking about what figures I want to compete at Sherwood.  I can definitely do FO8 and BO8 as I did before; but it would be nice to have something new to do.  Unfortunately it doesn't really seem like I'm likely to have anything really ready to go in 3 months, but maybe if I work really hard I could get either BI8 or serpentines.  Hmmph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home