Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Choreo!

After my lesson with JJ, I had a little bit of skate time on the 8:15 FS before Holly showed up for our choreography session for my artistic dramatic.

We spent a little time going over the cut, first.  I was considering asking for some tweaks and wanted her to hear what I was suggesting.  She thought the tweaks were fine and it was up to me.

With that we got started.  So far we've got:
  • Opening pose -- center ice, lean to the right, arms folded on chest
  • RFI pivot w/arms out
  • two-foot spin to the right w/arm over head and coming down
  • Push out, RFI chassé
  • "4" RFO glide
  • LFI mohawk, push to RBO edge
  • waltz jump
  • FXO
  • 3 slaloms with arms
  • LF spiral
  • 2x "barrel roll".. this is an LFI mohawk, cross step, and step forward)
That's as much as we got done.. it's a pretty good start I think.  Nothing I can't do but working to make it look good will definitely be a challenge.  Holly said to me (paraphrase), "I'm not going to have you just skate around, you are going to DO STUFF."... to which I replied, "Sounds good!  I'm tired of coming in last!" lol.  JJ is making my free skate have "more stuff" also, for the same reason.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home