Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Waltz-Toe & Program Work

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  We had had to reschedule from Wednesday due to a scheduling problem w/JJ.

Today's lesson:
  • toe loop/waltz-toe -- we worked on this a bunch, starting with JJ making me hold the stick at the boards to work on getting the upper body turned while keeping the hands apart.  On the (very) positive side I was able to do the toe loop with out doing a toe-waltz, but without jumping either :-(.  The body position was mostly correct though, so that was pretty good progress actually.  Then we worked on it from the waltz jump and that's more problematic -- a lot more speed coming in and the setup is a bit different.  It's coming, though, so that's pretty good.
  • program -- so next we worked on the 2nd half of the free skate program.  I actually did the salchow okay!  I mean, not a great salchow, but not bad (for me).  The waltz-toe was a bit wonky and so I finished a bit late, but I made it through.  All in all I think it's coming along fine.
Next week's lesson is on Monday since JJ will be out of town for a PSA event, so we will hopefully work on spins and of course more time on the program.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home