Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waltz-8, BI8, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  I warmed up with the Preliminary test. 

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- we did a couple of layouts of these.  Lynne suggested I not push as hard into the BO edge, and also try to keep my free foot in front on the first part of the BO edge.  I used to do this but I stopped at some point... don't know why.  These are still about the same.
  • BI8 -- these are getting better.  Circles are small, still.  I still need to work on getting a better BI edge on the first push-off, but at least now it actually is a BI edge and not a BO that flips to BI.  The push onto the LBI is still lacking but it's getting better.
  • 3s to center -- these were much better today.  I am turning more quickly/decisively on the LFO3 so it's not so skidded.  Still not making much progress on holding the BI edge after though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home